Motivation for Dancers is ideal for anyone with an interest in the teaching and/or learning of dance and who wants to enrich their dance practice. For example, it is appropriate for teachers of dance and movement and it is appropriate for people who are serious about their dance training.
This course is also available to be accessed by all performers, the course content will be relevant for those who are interested in understanding and learning more about the subject area.
- To provide an introduction to the “why, what and how” of Motivation.
- To provide a working definition of Motivation.
- To provide an introduction to two major theories of Motivation and to place these within the context of dance.
- To provide an introduction to the role of Goals in the motivational process.
- To look at several practical methods for managing Motivation.
The content is delivered online by Dr Peter Lovatt through a series of videos and accompanying slides. Pause & Reflect activities and Active Learning exercises, presented by Lindsey Lovatt, are interleaved between the videos. The module includes a set of suggested reading and the Learning Outcomes are assessed by a Multiple-Choice Quiz (MCQ). Successful completion of the module leads to the award of five hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) (CE/CPE) and a Certificate of Completion.
There are no reviews yet.